Leopallooza is a three day festival that takes place in North Cornwall, UK. A celebration of predominantly new acts amongst established artists, the festival has expanded year on year, whilst maintaining the humble aspects of it's independent and not-for-profit beginnings.
2014 line-up, news, rumours and predictions
The line up is TBA.
Leopallooza is also the only UK venue on the Freeride Mountain Bike world tour, as it hosts the annual 'Jack Gear Invitational', featuring a custom built track that tests over 40 of the worlds' best riders.
Other Highlights to look forward to this year include:
- Dirty Sunday: South Cornwall’s popular Sunday matinee event has its annual residency at Leopallooza, providing a distinct alternative to the soothing Sunday sounds emanating from the main arena.
- The Treeline Dance arena: Leopallooza’s popular dance arena, featuring guest curation from Nick Decosemo (MIXMAG) & Le SoSo.
- King Ramps - free-to-use skate ramps for all!
- Roller Disco
- Busk Stops - scattered podiums where you can show up and shine.
- Palloozaville - An expanding and eclectic range of shops and foods.
- Much more yet to be announced!
- "This is nuts." - Dan Smith, Bastille
- "The best little festival ever" - Swiss LIps
- "Leopallooza is the best festival in the world" - Clean Slate Music
- "Everybody's talking about... Leopallooza" - The Independent
- "Leopallooza is worthy of your attention" - Lauren Laverne, 6Music
- "Leopallooza's a goodun" - Zane Lowe, Radio 1
- "This festival was the best so far this summer. Best sound/rider/atmosphere.. 1000%" - Karima Francis
- "Thanks so much for having us, Most fun we've had at a festival all summer." - Everything Everything
- "Leopallooza is really a special festival” - Dan Le Sac
Leopallooza has been named as one of the ‘Best Boutique Festivals’ of the summer by The Guardian for two years in a row. It was also shortlisted as the ‘Best Small Festival’ and ‘Best Grassroots Festival’ at the annual festival awards. It's also the winner of the ‘South West Festival of 2012’ award, by the Cornish Guardian / Clean Slate Music (readers & critics poll)
Independent, fairly-priced and with core values which have helped focus the direction of the festival from the very first event almost 9 years ago, Leopallooza has garnered a significant and passionate following from attendees.
Comments From The Media
- "Perfect for great bands, fantastic location, as close as a music fest gets to a party at a mate's place" - Goodcornwallguide.co.uk
- "A lucid playground which seemed as if it had sprung from the earth for one moonlight bonanza, like something created purely from Cornish mythology." - Sophie Cox, BBC
- "The number one independent event in the South West. Having stayed true to its mission values from the inception, this festival still prides itself on its ‘home-made’ attitude and ability to bring exciting and critically acclaimed international music to Cornwall." Subba-Cultcha
Music Stages And Other Entertainment
There are several stages at Leopallooza, and as well as the main music event, there is also a designated kids area for the little'uns.
Bigger than ever, now hosting the only FMB event in the UK, and with exciting additions across the site, Leopallooza once again stands tall as the number one, non-corporate music event in the Westcountry, bringing the vanguard of new music from the UK and beyond to a lush valley in Cornwall.
On Site Information
Camping and Other Accommodation
Free camping on site for tents, campervans and caravans!
Location and Travel
The Wyldes, Week St Mary, Bude, Cornwall, EX22 6UX
Tickets and contacts
Ready to purchase from the festival's official website, the tickets fall into the following categories:
- SINGLE TICKETS / Fri, Sat + Sun - £70/ Sunday Only - £20
- FAMILY TICKETS / (Family Ticket: 2 x Adults and 2 x Children between the ages of 6-12)/ Fri, Sat + Sun - £150/ Sunday Only - £50
- GOLDEN SQUIRREL TICKETS (formerly VIP) Fri, Sat + Sun - £120
- Free Entry to children 5 years or under
- Free Camping for all!
Aged 0-5 - Free entry with ticket holding parent/guardian Aged 6-12 - Must enter on a Family ticket, or have a Child ticket (6-12) and be accompanied by ticket holding parent/guardian. Aged 13-17 - Must have a Standard ticket and must be accompanied by a parent/guardian over 21 years old. Will receive an under-18 wristband. Aged 18+ - Must have a Standard ticket (must also bring valid photo ID to receive over-18 wristband) FAMILY TICKET - Provides access for 2 x adults and 2 x children (6-12 years old) Must be legal parents/guardians. GOLDEN SQUIRREL (formerly VIPs) - Access to the Golden Hollow, with bar, gourmet food, seating ares, luxury loos, showers and impromptu special performances.