The Great British Beer Festival is annual beer event which is organised by CAMRA - the Campagin for Real Ale. Styled and presented as the "biggest pub in the world", the festival showcases a selection of cask ales and other alchoholic drinks from the UK. The event also holds the Champion Beer Of Britain awards.
- 450 beers from British Breweries
- 200 foreign beers from countries such as Belgium, Germany and the USA.
- Traditional British cider and perry
- The festival is completely staffed by volunteers.
- In 2006, over 66,000 people visited the festival over the course of the week and consumed some 350,000 pints of beer — one pint sold in less than half of every open second.
Opening Times and other onsite information
The festival usually runs during the first full week of August, from the Tuesday to the Saturday. Tuesday afternoon is usually reserved from the press.
- Tuesday: 5pm - 10.30pm (Last admission 10pm)
- Wed/Thurs/Fri: 12 Noon - 10.30pm (Last admission 10pm)
- Saturday: 11am - 7pm (Last admission 6.30pm)
Volunteer at the Great British Beer Festival
Awaiting 2013 Details