Due to lack of public funding there will be no event in 2013.
2012 line-up, rumours, news and our predictions
This year's Festival complements Plymouth Classic Boat Rally and the Port of Plymouth Regatta and will create a host of quayside entertainment whilst picturesque boats moor up alongside, making a waterside bonanza of classic boats, dinghy sailing, yacht races and great music.
Highlights for this year include:
- BLUES CRUISE: with harmonica and guitar men Johnny Mars & Michael Roach, with support from Thomas Ford*
- JAZZ CRUISE: with gypsy jazzers Hamer & Isaacs, and free G&T, sponsored by Plymouth Gin
- Son of Dave, beatbox blues mayhem with Rambunctious Social Club's DJ Hod'guez supporting*
- Mama Tokus soul-gospel-blues-comedy at The B-Bar
- Becky Brine and the Threadbearz, at Plymouth Gin, playing dancefloor filling swing
- Maggie Reeday, at Plymouth Gin, paying tribute to Louis Armstrong & Velma Middleton
*Buy your ticket to the Blues Cruise and you get £5 off entry to Son of Dave! What a deal!
2011 line-up and past line-up highlights
Barbican International 2011 featured Lipson Big Band, The Blow-Up, Used Notes, Jelly Roll, Becky Brine, T J Johnson, Jack Blackman, Half Quartet, Benny 'Guitar' Carr and the Hot Rats, Fitz & Cara and more.
This festival features free music all over the historic quayside quarter of our beautiful city of Plymouth, showing off the music talent the city holds as well as bringing international musicians to perform there.
They link venues and eateries in a network across the Barbican, spreading the Festival further and creating a great atmosphere for all the family and highlighting the heritage of the Barbican.
Music Stages and Other Entertainment
As well as the music taking place in venues on The Barbican there will be a free outdoor stage on West Pier, besides the famous Mayflower Steps (from where the Pilgrim Fathers left for America), with excellent music programmed from mid-morning through to the evening from Friday to Sunday.
There will also be family entertainment at the National Marine Aquarium on The Barbican in the shape of a jazz umbrella-making workshop.
History and facts
The Festival is staged by Kaos Production Ltd and supported by Plymouth City Council and (this year for the first time) Plymouth Waterfront Partnership.
Contact and Ticket Information
While many of the events are free, there are also ticketed events which are very wallet friendly, tickets can be purchased via WeGotTickets.com and cost the following:
- Fri 27th Jul, 2012 BECKY BRINE AND THE THREADBEARZ - DANCEFLOOR-FILLIN' BOOGIE BAND £5.00
- Fri 27th Jul, 2012 MAMA TOKUS - GOSPEL AND BLUES WITH SAXMAN ANDY WILLIAMSON £5.00
- Sat 28th Jul, 2012 BLUES CRUISE - WITH JOHNNY MARS AND MICHAEL ROACH £10.00 Thomas Ford
- Sat 28th Jul, 2012 MAGGIE REEDAY - SOULFUL JAZZ QUEEN TIPS HER HAT TO THE GREATS £5.00
- Sat 28th Jul, 2012 SON OF DAVE BEATBOXING TECHNO BLUES £10.00 DJ Hod'guez of the Rambunctious Social Club
- Sun 29th Jul, 2012 JAZZ CRUISE - WITH HAMER & ISAACS £15.00