BBC and AIF Offer Festival Spots to Local Talent
Error messageLoginRadius connection error: Not Found.
Please refer to the admininstrator.
BBC Introducing and the Association of Independent Festivals (AIF) have joined forces giving upcoming artists from East London an opportunity to perform at some of the largest festivals in the UK, This comes after the acts started their journeys on the BBC Introducing stage at Radio 1’s Hackney Weekend.
Chosen by a panel of specialist judges after a shortlist of artists were suggested by local music organisations based in East London and the teams behind the BBC Introducing shows on BBC Radio 1Xtra and BBC Asian Network.
These shows give new artists the great opportunity to submit their music via the BBC Introducing website, an initiative which aims to support and highlight the freshest unsigned and under-the-radar artists across the UK.
Claire Thomas, Executive Producer of BBC introducing said:
“To see the artists who were given the opportunity to play at Radio 1’s biggest ever event on the BBC Introducing stage now move on to play the main stages at some of the UKs most exciting festivals, is a fantastic legacy for Radio 1’s weekend in Hackney, and a huge opportunity for the talent that was unearthed in East London by BBC Introducing. It’s great to be working with AIF to make this happen.
Ben Turner, co-founder, Association of Independent Festivals said:
"The initiative between AIF and BBC Radio 1 Introducing has been a huge success – seeing all our UK festivals engaging with new talent from in and around the East London area. The AIF network and its diverse and rich tapestry of music is the perfect platform for new bands to get onto main stages and out into the regions to make new connections.."
Here are the AIF festivals who are involved, and which artists they have selected to play at their events:
- Leefest - Kersha Bailey (28th - 29th June)
- Eden Sessions – Xploder (30th June)
- Folk on the Water – Lola King & the Kickstarts (23rd June - 8th July)
- Secret Garden Party – Shezar (19 - 22nd July)
- Truck - Cheekie Bugga (20th - 21st July)
- Camp Bestival - In Search Of (26th - 29th July)
- Nozstock: The Hidden Valley – Lola King & the Kickstarts (27th - 28th July)
- The Magic Loungeabout - The Skints (27th - 29th July)
- Kendal Calling - Arthur Beatrice (27th - 30th July)
- Y-Not Festival - Pepstar (3rd - 5th August)
- Summer Sundae Weekender - Savages (17th - 19th August)
- Underage - Lil Simz (31st August)
- Bingley Music Live - Driving Lolita (August 31st - September 2nd)
- In The Woods Festival - My Panda Shall Fly (1st September)
- London Summer Jam - Random Impulse (29th September)
- Bestival - Issac Danquah (6th - 9th September)
- SWN Festival - UDVC (18th - 21st October)
Be sure to check them out if you are attending any of those festivals!