The daily programme has not yet been fully released but we can confirm the following:
- Slam Tent: Jackmaster, Spencer, Boom Monk Ben, Vitamins, Deadly Rhythm
- Main Stage: Snow Patrol, Florence + The Machine, The Darkness
- Radio 1/ NME Stage: Tinie Tempah
- King Tuts Tent: New Order
- Slam Tent: Sven Vath, Slam
- Transmissions Stage: Pulled Apart By Horses
- Unknown Stage: Example, Professor Green, Kaiser Cheifs, The Temper Trap, The Darkness, Miike Snow, Labrinth, Tribes, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Cher Lloyd, Feeder, Hilltop Hoods, King Charles, Olly Murs, The cribs, The Jezabels, The Parlotones
- Main Stage: The Stone Roses, Simple Minds TBC, The Dryburgh Soul Band
- Slam Tent: Major Lazer (Live), Skream feat Sgt Pokes, Erol Alkan, Benga (Live), Fake Blood, Crookers, Jack Beats (live), DJ Yoda, Clouds
- Unknown Stage: Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, David Guetta, Calvin Harris, Jessie J, The Vaccines, Two Door Cinema Club, Emeli Sande, Ben Howard, Amy McDonald, The Courteeners, The Maccabees, Enter Shikari, Rizzle Kicks, The Wailers, Benjamin Francis Leftwich, Blood Red Shoes, Childish Gambino, Cover Drive, Django Django, Here We Go Magic, J.Cole, Lonsdale Boys Club, Mull Historical Society, Ren Harvieu, Shed Seven, StooShe, The Minutes, We Are Augustines
- Transmissions Stage Peter Doherty, Alabama Shakes
- The Stand Up Comedy Club Tom Stade, Mark Nelson, Damien Crow, John Gavin and Billy Kirkwood
- Main Stage: Kasabian, Nicki Minaj, Keane, Nicola Benedetti
- Slam Tent: Orbital, Dubfire, Joris Voorn, Paul Kalkbrenner (Live), Simian Mobile Disco, Maya Jane Coles, Len Faki, Pan-Pot, Gary Beck, Hans Bourrmyhire.
- Transmissions Stage: The Horros, Little Roy, Spector, Band Of Skulls, Howler
- Unknown Stage: Elbow, Chase & Status, Skrillex, Happy Mondays, James Morrison, Frank Turner, The Enemy, Miles Kane, The Wanted, Maverick Sabre, Twin Atlantic, Christina Perri, Devlin, Bellowhead, Bombay Bicycle Club, Dog Is Dead, Fun, Lawson, McFly, Nero, Reverend And The Makers, Rita Ora, Swedish House Mafia, The Beautiful Word, The Chevine, The Coronas, The Milk, The Subways, Zulu Winter
- The Stand Up Comedy Club Tom Stade, Keir McAllister, Jay Lafferty, The Wee Man and Chris Forbes
- Slam Tent Teengirl Fantasy
- Transmissions Stage Dawes
- T Break Stage Andreson McGinty Webster Ward and Fisher, Bacchanal Party, Beerjacket, Blank Canvas, Brown Bear & The Bandits, Capitals, Chris Devotion and the Expectations, Crusades, Davey Horne, Nevada Base, Open Swimmer, Randolphs Leap, Roman Nose, TeKlo, The Machine Room, The Mirror Trap
- Unknown Stage: Alt-J, Jake Bugg, Josh Osho, St Lucia.
Sunset Strip Entertainment
Organisers are hugely excited to announce a brand spanking new entertainment area called Sunset Strip – a dual purpose area that straddles the arena and the campsite and will become the ultimate party destination for both campers and day ticket holders. Sunset Strip is bigger and bolder than any T in the Park campsite entertainment zone ever before, and will be fuelling the festival fun and hosting top notch performances throughout the 4-day weekend in three incredible entertainment areas – the relocated Slam Tent, all-new Cabaret Club and the Sunset Club.
Festival goers can witness something truly spectacular in the Sunset Club. Describing themselves as Quentin Tarantino directing Cirque Du Soleil, Dr Haze & the Circus of Horrors have toured the world gaining cult status. Dragging circus screaming and shouting into the 21st century and beyond and featuring some of the world’s most bizarre and extraordinary performers, an incredible show at T in the Park is guaranteed. Performance collective Bearded Kitten are a huge hit with festival fans, and return to T in the Park to host an opening extravaganza on the Thursday night, as well as a variety of entertainment throughout the festival weekend. Expect live comperes, DJs, visuals games, stage dancers, a Movie Mash-up Party like no other, and loads and loads of energy.
Ken Fox Troupe’s Wall of Death bring their exhilarating, world famous daredevil motorcycle stunts to Sunset Strip for the first time. Featuring skilful performers who ride vintage Indian motorcycles around an 18ft high cylindrical wall with heart-stopping panache, this thrillingly visceral, unmissable show will surprise and amaze the crowds, who can view the gravity-defying stunts from a viewing platform at the top of the wall.
It’s safe to say that the Sunset Strip sets a whole new standard for festival campsite entertainment, as well as being uniquely set up to allow the day-trippers to join in too!
Campers are in for a fun-filled night on Thursday 5th July in Sunset Strip. Open from 3pm, there will be a whole host of entertainment kicking off the party weekend. From the allure of cabaret, burlesque and comedy in the Cabaret Club, to the sounds of the Sub Club DJ’s at the all-new Captain Morgan’s Spiced Shack, through to the banging beats in the Slam Tent and the entertainment in the sizzling new Sunset Club, there’s something for everyone. The Sunset Club will be home to a wide variety of entertainment including the Smiffy’s Fancy Dress Friday Disco, Bearded Kitten, Roman Nose DJ’s, Third Door DJ’s, Dr Haze & the Circus of Horrors and more.
Mixed Bizness bring a handpicked selection of some of Glasgow's very best club nights to the Slam Tent on Thursday, all celebrated for their diversity, unique sound and reputation for getting the party started. Heading the bill (10pm – 12am) are Jackmaster and Spencer from the NMBRS crew, international tastemakers and leaders of the Scottish electronic music scene. Mixed Bizness' Boom Monk Ben plays his last ever Scottish DJ set, bringing his bass fuelled party styles to the floor one last time (8-10pm). Vitamins (6-8pm) and Deadly Rhythm (3-6pm) have established themselves as two of Glasgow's most talked about collectives over the last 2 years and will get the floor moving and the pulses racing on Thursday night before the advertised Slam Tent bill kicks in from Friday afternoon.
For campers that want a more chilled start to their long weekend, the Thursday open-air Campsite Cinema returns with some comedy classics creating fun and laughter into the night, showing The Inbetweeners Movie, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy and Step Brothers, voted for by the fans.
Campers can savour Sunset Strip from 9am Friday, until the Main Arena gates open at 4pm. Campers will now access the arena from Sunset Strip. From 4pm Friday, Sunset Strip will provide fun for all, day ticket holders included. Day trippers can enjoy Sunset Strip until the Main Arena entertainment stops at midnight, after which the area will remain open for campers to party on until 2am.
SATURDAY & SUNDAY:
Sunset Strip will continue to be a dual party zone opening from 9am for campers and 11.30am for day trippers. Again, this area will continue on into the night until 2am for campers with various forms of entertainment available whether T in the Parkers want to dance until the early hours or soak up some late night comedy and cabaret. All day trippers must be at their departure points for returning home no later than 1am.
The all-new Cabaret Club will bring a glitteringly diverse programme of cabaret, burlesque and comedy entertainment to tantalise the taste buds and tickle the fancy of the 85,000 festivalgoers per day that will spend the weekend of a lifetime at T in the Park 2012, over 6-8th July.
Tickets are on sale now from www.ticketmaster.co.uk and by calling 08444 999 990. More information on all ticket prices/packages at www.tinthepark.com. Ticket buyers should only purchase from the official outlets published on this website. For regular T in the Park news, check out www.facebook.com/tinthepark and follow on Twitter @tinthepark
SUNSET STRIP TIMINGS:
THURSDAY 5th July: 3pm – midnight – Campers only
Thursday night exclusively allows campers to bring food and drink into the Sunset Strip area, but this is ONLY on Thursday night and all the bars will also be open so no shortage of choice! From Friday onwards it becomes a licensed area which doesn’t allow festival goers to bring in their own alcohol. Sunset Strip is packed full of bars, food stalls, fun fair rides and much more.
FRIDAY 6th July:
- 9am – 2am – Campers
- 4pm – midnight – Day ticket holders – day trippers should be at departure points no later than 1am to return home
SATURDAY 7th & SUNDAY 8th July:
+9am – 2am – Campers + 11.30am – midnight - Day ticket holders – day trippers should be at departure points no later than 1am to return home
SUNSET CLUB LISTINGS:
- 8pm – Midnight: Bearded Kitten Movie Mashup
+1pm – 4pm: Smiffy’s Fancy Dress Friday +8pm – 10pm: Bearded Kitten +10pm – 2am: Roman Nose DJ’s
- 6pm – 8pm: Bearded Kitten
- 10pm – Midnight: Third Door DJs
- Midnight – 1.30am: Dr Haze & the Circus of Horrors +1.30am – 2am: Third Door DJs
- 8pm – 10pm: Bearded Kitten
- 10pm – 2am: Third Door DJs
Dr Haze Circus Of Horrors:
If Quentin Tarantino had directed Cirque Du Soleil, then you would only be half way there. This is not circus as you know it! Over the last seventeen years, Dr Haze Circus of Horrors has toured the world gaining cult status, and dragging Circus screaming and shouting into the 21st century and beyond. The show is packed with new shocks that will take you on a whirlwind journey, and features the most bizarre, unbelievable and unique performers in the world.
Bearded Kitten will be hosting a variety of events to keep you entertained throughout the weekend! Including the Movie Mash-up Party T in the Park's official opening party extravaganza has seen us travel through time and fly around the globe. This year we countdown the best 100 movies of all time in a mash up like no other. Expect live comperes, DJs, visuals games, free give aways, stage dancers and loads and loads of energy. Not to be missed.
Third Door DJ's will include:
Cheap Picasso (Gasoline Dance Machine), Ryan, Blair Harrower & Ross Scott (Rendez-vous), Kirk Douglas, Chris Graham & Jamie McKenzie (Souloco), Stewart Clason & Laurie Neil (The Boiler Room), The Oxygen Junkies (Karnival) Darrell Harding and Ritchie Bryson (Pulse) and Bixon residents
CABARET CLUB LISTINGS:
THURSDAY: DJ & Ambient Trapeze & Circus, The Redettes in Caught in The Rollers, Chris Cross is Escaping Reality, Flash/Bang! Burlesque and Cabaret Nightclub
FRIDAY: DJ & Ambient Trapeze & Circus, Dr Sketchy’s Anti-Art School, Frisky & Mannish, DJ & Ambient Trapeze & Circus, RwP Late Night Cabaret Hosted by Madame Myfanwi
SATURDAY: Markee de Saw & Bert Finkle's Lazy Saturday Morning, Bumble Tree Cabaret Hosted By Paul Puppet, The Creative Martyrs in An Hour Long Sinister Wink, The Stand Comedy Hour, The Redettes, Horndog Brass Band. East End Cabaretm DJ & Ambient Trapeze & Circus, RwP Late Night Cabaret Hosted by Desmond O’Connor
SUNDAY: Teencanteen's Lazy Sunday Morning, Bumble Tree Cabaret hosted by Paul Puppet, Rufus & Ben’s Cabaret Quiz, The Stand Comedy Hour, The Mathletics Team, Joe Black in Sex, Drugs and Vaudeville, Rayguns Look Real Enough, DJ & Ambient Trapeze & Circus, RwP Late Night Cabaret Hosted by Rufus & Ben
- Also appearing across the weekend: AcroBalance; Aerial Edge, Ammie Jay; Cat Aclysmic; Daiquiri Dusk; DJ Rufus; Edd Muir; Eilidh MacAskill; The Flying Jalapenos; Frayed Knot Circus; Glasgow Student Dance Company; Graphix; Kamikaze Girls; Leyla Rose; DJ Lord Holyrude; Lucille; Mia et Philippe; Miss Hell’s Belle; Oz; Scunner; Spitfire; Stakatto Blue; Vendetta Vain.
Creative Scotland Kaliedoscope Club
Located in Kaleidoscope Fields which includes Healthy T and the Eco Village, festivalgoers will get a taste of everything from string quartets to physical theatre, solar powered films to urban dance
Acts, performances and other things to look out for:
- Graffiti artists alongside robots
- Arches Community Choir
- Cairn String Quartet and Electric String Orchestra
- Horndog Brass Band
- Flying Jalapenos are Glasgow’s premiere b-boy & hip-hop crew. This year is their 10th anniversary, and since their formation a decade ago, they’ve been getting bigger and better.
- Ceilidhdonia will make a welcome return to T in the Park. Not your average ceilidh band, not even your average band, they are led by acrobatic accordionist, Sandy Brechin, with a line-up that rocks ‘n’ reels through a variety of classics to keep the crowd going. Cutting-edge ceilidh band and DJ Whiskey Kiss will be mixing the finest underground folk tunes and native instruments with 21st century DJ culture, and young, high energy band KODA will be performing Scottish Music in their own unique contemporary style. CAL is a new, exiting five piece rock band who will showcase their passion and their intense love of two things, music and their homeland Scotland. T in the Parkers can get ready to rock the night away.
- Musical cabaret girl group The Redettes