Entries now open for the AIM Independent Music Awards 2012
Whether you run a festival, or would like the chance to vote for your favourite festival listen up! The AIM Independent Music Awards are pleased to announce that they are accepting entries for this year’s Awards.
Celebrating the variety of talent found in the independent sector, If you run a festival, or know someone who does and is a worthy contender for these awards, entries will be accepted from both AIM member labels & non AIM members. Application forms can be downloaded from http://www.musicindie.com/awards/enternow and the deadline for entries will be Friday 27th July.
Tickets and sponsorship packages, (available via the AIM website), are selling fast for the AIM Independent Music Awards’ second ceremony which will be held at their new venue The Brewery in Clerkenwell on October 29th. HIGHLIGHTING the diversity and creativity of the artists and labels that AIM has supported since its inception in 1999, Radio 1’s Huw Stephens and 6 Music’s Steve Lamacq will again take on hosting duties, dishing out 16 trophies to the illustrious independent sector.
In terms of voting for your favourite festival or live act, Voting for the Best Live Act Award, chosen by readers of The Fly and the Indie Champion Award, chosen by AIM member labels and visitors to the AIM website will be open from August 13-30. Voting for the Golden Welly Award for Best Independent festival, chosen by readers of This is Fake DIY will be open from September 10-23, So keep an eye out!
The categories open for entry to the 2012 Awards are:
- Best Live Act - For the best live act signed to an independent label, voted for by readers of The Fly
- Independent Album of the Year - For the year's best independently released album
- Best 'Difficult' Second Album - The independent album that has built on the success and brilliance of a debut release
- Golden Welly Award for Best Independent Festival - Recognising the UK's best independent festival
- Independent Breakthrough of the Year - For an artist that made serious waves in 2012
- Genre Spotlight Award - Recognising a great release in a niche or specialist genre
- Special Catalogue Release of the Year - For a catalogue release that offers something special
- Best Small Label - They're not big (yet) but they are clever!
- Hardest Working Band or Artist - For a band or artist that demonstrates an admirable work ethic
Other awards categories are:
- PPL Award for Most Played Independent Act - For the independent act most played in public and on radio
- Pioneer Award - Recognising a visionary independent label founder
- Outstanding Contribution to Music - For an artist who continues to influence and inspire with their work
- Independent Label of the Year - For a label that has had a truly brilliant year
- Independent Entrepreneur of the Year - For someone approaching the market in a smart and forward thinking way
- Indie Champion Award - For an individual who demonstrates unwavering support for the independent community
For further information you can visit the following links:
- AIM: http://www.musicindie.com/home
- Awards Application Forms: http://www.musicindie.com/awards/enternow
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AIMIndependentMusicAwards
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AIMAwards